FTSE has partnered with Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) and the Singapore Exchange (SGX) to jointly calculate the Singapore stock market's main benchmark, the Straits Times Index (STI), and to create a broader series of indices for the Singapore market representing various sized companies, sectors and themes. The indices are suitable for benchmarking purposes and as tools in the creation of financial products such as institutional and retail funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), derivatives contracts and other index-linked products.
The family includes:
|Constituents of FTSE Index Series|
- Straits Times Index (STI) - the 30 top eligible companies within the FTSE ST All-Share Index universe. The index is delivered on an intra-second streaming basis.
- FTSE ST All Share Index - all companies within the top 98% by full market capitalisation of the SGX Mainboard that pass the relevant invest-ability screens.
- FTSE ST Mid Cap Index - the next 50 eligible companies of the FTSE ST All-Share Index universe.
- FTSE ST Small Cap Index - the remaining eligible companies that are not large enough to be part of the STI or Mid Cap Index.
- FTSE ST Fledgling Index - the remaining 2% of the SGX Mainboard that are too small to be included in the FTSE ST All-Share Index.
- FTSE ST All-Share Industry Indices - 10 industry, 19 super-sector and 39 sector indices based on the Industrial Classification Benchmark (ICB). The 10 industries are -
- Basic Materials
- Consumer Goods
- Consumer Services
- Health Care
- Oil & Gas
- STI Dividend Index - captures the cumulative value of ordinary cash dividends paid by constituents of the underlying STI.
- FTSE ST China Top Index - the top 20 Chinese companies that are members of the FTSE ST All-Share Index.
- FTSE ST China Index - broader index of Chinese companies that are members of the FTSE ST All-Share Index.
- FTSE ST Catalist Index - growth companies listed on the SGX Catalist market.
- FTSE ST Maritime Index - represents companies earning a substantial proportion of their revenue from maritime-related activities.